A Healing Place – The Estates was designed for anyone with a desire to stop fighting chronic pain. We feature customized treatment plans that integrate traditional (biological) interventional pain management approaches with evidence based non-pharmacological and holistic methodologies. We address the psychological and emotional symptoms associated with chronic pain conditions, while providing social, cultural and spiritual growth. Patients are given transformational tools to establish effective chronic pain management strategies – resulting in hope, health and freedom from suffering.
Levels of Care
- Primary Residential Treatment Program
- Full-Day Intensive Treatment Program with Transitional Living
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- Continuing Care/Alumni Services
Individuals can step up or down to more appropriate levels of care as needed and recommended by their treatment team.
FOCUS ON YOU
Our personalized treatment plans go beyond our proprietary Addiction-Free Pain Management® System which is based on over 75 years of cognitive behavioral research on treating substance use problems, as well as incorporating many of the evidence-based chronic pain management treatment protocols. The APM™ System follows a manualized systematic approach that consists of time-tested best practice principles. APM™ combines the latest Medical Interventional Procedures, Psychological / Emotional Therapies, and Evidence-based Non-pharmacological/Holistic Practices that give patients an opportunity to experience the healing effects of a variety of methodologies.
- Exercise Physiology
- Functional Restoration Physical Therapy
- Neuromodulation techniques
- Safe and effective medication management
- Stem cell therapies
- Ultrasound & fluoroscopically guided precision injections
Psychological / Emotional Therapies
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR) for Trauma
- Family Therapy
- Group and Individual Therapy
- Labyrinth (individual and group work)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Psychiatric consultation
- Occupational Therapy
- Health Coaching
- Mindfulness Interventions
Non-Pharmacological / Holistic Practices
- Art Therapy
- Brema (therapeutic massage)
- Equine therapy
- Movement therapy (Tai Chi)
- Music Therapy
- NIA (dance movement with martial arts)
- Relaxation Response Interventions
- Therapeutic Massage
- Usui Reiki (an energy-based practice)
- Yoga and meditation
FOCUS ON FAMILY
At A Healing Place we know how crucial it is to involve the family in the treatment process. When a family member suffers with chronic pain, the family system also suffers. Stress from caring for loved ones can result in strong emotions such as fear, anger, shame, guilt and an overwhelming sense of hopelessness. Our intensive family program was designed by accomplished family counselors and therapists who understand that family dynamics play an integral role in the long-term recovery of their loved one. While weekdays are devoted to group and individual therapies, weekends are reserved for family therapy.
After completing A Healing Place Treatment Program you can continue your journey by working closely with our collaborative multidisciplinary treatment team in our Continuing Care Groups. You will have an opportunity to focus on your specific needs and get support as you re-enter family and community life.
Living with chronic pain and coexisting disorders, including medication problems, means that you have needs that are different from the traditional patient. A Healing Place program is pain management specific for chronic pain and the coexisting problems it often causes, so our Continuing Care Groups will continue that focus and the progress you’ve made during your stay with us. We have developed our Continuing Care Groups based in part on Dr. Grinstead’s Addiction-Free Pain Management® (APM) System.
- Face-to-face meetings to maintain connections with your peers
- Live Skype/Cyber meetings with your Cohorts
- Bi-monthly newsletter with alumni input (edited by our staff)
- Alumni Membership Site
- Retreats / Workshops / Celebrations / Reunions
- Social Media connections including A Healing Place Alumni page on Facebook, as well as Twitter and Google+. We may even have a private LinkedIn Support Group for A Healing Place
HELP IS HERE: For additional information about our transformative solutions to chronic pain, feel free to call us at 844.388.4100 or email us at email@example.com. We wrote the book on Addiction-Free Pain Management®. Let us help you or your loved one begin a new chapter today.